My passion lies in connecting people with each other and with their environment in a way that encourages healthy, active lifestyles and creates opportunities for positive social interaction and development. As a landscape architect, I have the ability to influence and inform the growth of communities to provide equitable access for all to nature, healthy food, clean water, education, employment, and other factors contributing to a high quality of life.
North Carolina State University College of Design
Department of Landscape Architecture
Raleigh, North Carolina
Masters of Landscape Architecture
Certificate in City Design
Awarded December 2017
Bachelors of Landscape Architecture
Minor in Graphic Design
Awarded December 2011
South Granville High School
School of Health and Life Sciences
Creedmoor, North Carolina
ULI Pro Forma, 3 part series, 12-week online course
Glenn Roller Institute Sales Training, 4-year online course
Programs + Skills
Adobe Creative Suite
- Premiere Pro
- After Effects
Awards + Accomplishments
- NC ASLA Award of Excellence Student: Analysis + Planning, 2018 (part of a joint graduate student team)
- Completed Masters Degree with a 4.0 GPA, 2017
- Completion of the ULI Pro Forma Fundamentals Course, 2017
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award for the NC State Department of Landscape Architecture, 2017
- Excellence in Design Award for the College of Design Landscape Architecture Department, 2011
- Nominated for the ASLA Award of Merit and Award of Honor for North Carolina, 2012
- Graduated Cum Laude and as a member of the University Honors Program, 2011
- Professional Mentor, NC State University College of Design Department of Landscape Architecture, 2018-2019
- ULI Partnership Forum, Young Leaders Group, 2018
- ULI Member, 2016-current
- ASLA Member, 2016-current
Position Title: Designer, Landscape Architecture
Began: October 2018
Job Description: "Assist in or complete basic analysis and site/landscape design for various types of projects, including site layout, hardscape details, planting, zoning requirements, etc."
Duration of Employment: February 2018 - current (as needed basis during event season)
Job Description: Setup and manage the digital scoring system for gymnastics meets across North Carolina.
Position Title: Planning Technician
Duration of Employment: July 2016 - October 2018, 2 years 3 months
Job Description: Managed marketing and communications planning, including but not limited to content generation, execution, moderation, analysis, and maintenance of website, email distribution, social media accounts, press releases, digital media (photo + video), publications and other supporting collateral materials, etc. Assisted in coordination of logistics and engagement efforts at events, programs and meetings as needed, lead/assist procurement process for designated consultants, production of miscellaneous graphics as needed for the planning process (ex. maps, event signage).
Position Title: Graduate Student Teaching Assistant
Duration of Employment: January 2016 - December 2017, 2 years
Job Description: LAR 527/582 Landform, Grading & Site Systems (Spring 2016/2017) & LAR 444 History of Landscape Architecture (Fall 2016/2017)
Assisted in course organization, production of assignments, exams, attendance records, etc.; provided student assistance on an as-needed basis; assisted in reviewing and grading assignments, exams, and final projects; and managed the online course materials and grades on the Moodle platform (LAR 444 only).
Position Title: Event Photographer
Duration of Employment: January 2018 - June 2018, 6 months (future seasons to be determined)
Job Description: Photograph all Women's Gymnastics competitions and select Women's Tennis matches. Contracted work followed 10 years of volunteer photography, marketing and promotions for the Women's Gymnastics team. Click here to learn more.
Position Title: Event Coordinator
Duration of Employment: September 2013 - December 2015, 2 years 3 months
Job Description: Management of the Masters Water Ski & Wakeboard Tournament and the Nautique Big Dawg World Series including:
- coordination of all event infrastructure logistics with host locations and vendors;
- building and maintaining sponsor relationships of varying levels;
- maintenance of event websites;
- coordination of design and production for event collateral, banners, awards;
- coordination of marketing content and promotion through other staff members; and
- management of judges, officials, and athletes.
Also provided general marketing and event support for other Nautique hosted events, trade shows, or large scale corporate meetings for dealers.